Skip to main content

Smell the Beauty of Nature, a Collection of Poems by Nwoko Solomon Ikechukwu



 "Till I Met Him"
Lonely in the valley of rejection
Disdained in the eyes of the royalties
Inferior to the hearts of the seemed superiors
Fed up with friends
Who only worsened the pains for trust

I made them true friends
But to them, I am a means to an achievement
I am honest to them
But they play games on me
I laughed and smiled with them because I care
But smiles and laughter cloth their faces when they need a favor to ask of me

I was hurt till I give up trust
There is nothing like a true friend I believed
Fed up with life worth living in love- true love

But I met Him
And I smiled in silence
Till I laughed in open
He is more than a true friend
He smiles with me
Laughs in sincere joy with me
He praises my well-doing
And corrects in love my wrongdoing
He is hurt with my hurt
Takes pleasure in giving me a helping hand in times of need
His love and care are beyond my merit
He had appeased my soul of the millions hurts of the past
He worth more than billions and billions of friends I had and will want to have

He is a true friend!



 "In Search of Her"
It flows like a river
Stills like a gentile breeze
Chills like the embrace of a dearly loved one
It is like sweet dreams
You wish not to wake up from
It appeases the heart with peace
Relaxes the mind with joy
And keeps the body beautiful and the skin shining more than the power of the ointment
True love

It's hard to find
She may not be found
Many have not found her
Millions scrambled for her
Countless hearts wounded for her sake
Billions of minds damaged in search of her
Millions of souls interned cos they are rubbed of her

Yet she is a precious gift of costliest price
She smells batter than the beautiful rose
Gladdens the heart than diamond
She gives a peaceful and fruitful life
And live longer than age
People admire her
And appreciates those who have her
True love

She is a beautiful rose for the nose to smell
A burst of beautiful laughter and smiles on the lonely face
A radiating light to the darkened heart of hate
She makes a man appreciate life and wish to die no more
True love

She is from one source
With one spirit
Of one aim-peace and love
Has only one giver
Find Him
You'll have her
True love.


 "I Beheld Her Dazzling Beauty"
The worm curiosity
Created the hunger to see more of her
The beauty of nature
flew to the mountain
Beheld her dazzling colors, glorious array, and beautiful structure
The eagles fly in her beauty
The birds sing in her melody
The butterflies radiate in her splendor
The roses blossoms in her warm embrace
The lilies clothed in her riches

She smiles at me via the sun
Lights my dark path with kisses of the moon
Decorates my roof at night with the tingling shining stars
And celebrates my morning with the snows and dews of the day, like white rosy flowers showered on the bride and groom on the wedding day

The beauty of nature
The horses gallant in joy on her shores
The sheep pasture in her garden
Her beauty shines from the tropics and radiates in the south
Greenish in the morning
Bright yellowish in the noon
Glittering dark in the night
Radiates in various beauties

She is the wisdom of the Maker
The Might of His architectural ability
Founded in His knowledge
Constructed in His understanding and Might
She is the wonder of the Maker
The praise of the Creator
Who can fathom
The beauty of nature.

 "Wish I can See"
Blind to his mind
I wish I can see the mind of the sweetened tongue
Of my love he sings
How he dies for me
You are the melody in my heart
The constant sound that rings a bell in my ears
The daily thought that gladdens my soul

Smiles clothes his face when he beholds me
Even in the suspicious act
I'm fooled and forced to believe him
Cos the smiles looks lovely
It shows love and happiness for me
But his attitude says otherwise

Blind to the mind
I wish I can see
The mystery of his heart
His true value for me
My true place in his heart
Who I am really to him

Though he sings my praise
I have little or nothing of him
Though he proclaims his mountainous love for me
Still, I die waiting in hopeless hope to have a little of it
Should I judge with the words of his melody
Or judge with the attitudes of his melancholy

My mind is greased with happiness at his multitude sweetened words
But my soul bleeds at his obnoxious attitudes
In this I'm confused
Should I leave
Or should I stay
Bored to hear him say
I love you so much dear!



 "Humble Lonely Soul"
In pain, I cried
In sorrow, I wept
Afraid of the future not knowing what she holds for me
Today life gives me hope
Tomorrow she snatches away my hope
To God knows where
Leaving me restless, hopeless and in a dilemma
With sleepless night
All through the long, lonely-boring night
Whispering the painful melody of sorrow

My home with less comfort
Sharing it with blood suckling tiny flies at night
Watchman over my body-blood
I'm made to be while men rest in sleep
My body embraced in cold to my soul by morning
No enough blanket to catch a gleam of warmth
My heart dangled in my soul
Panting for the loving and caring warmth of nature
For my own has denied that from me

I'm I cursed by the Maker?
Is His heaven locked over me?
Are His ears rolled up against my weeping voice?
Is His hand shortened against my deliverance reach?
For so man suggested
And so most times it appeared to be
Mainly, when my desires arose ungranted

What about the days of little commitment?
When pleasures I denied for His sake
When His face, presence, and glory
I searched, sort and dwelt in
In the obscene, obnoxious and painful pleasure of the world
What about it, His hopeful promises
You and blessed beyond measure
Though of little strength
Yet acknowledged Me in reverence

In the ocean of pain, I swim
In the sea of sorrow, I drew
But I got to get up
I got to live and live on till victory
Cos I have given much to life
To die away with nothing
Though very weak I am
Confused all-round life
In much pain of her
Very little dividends of her
My last strength I'll energize to live
Till I see and have in full
What God in life holds for me

Dear God, I hope
She is all good?
What You holds for me in life
This is my supplication
As I plead to You
To grant my humble lonely soul.



 "HIS SECOND COMING"
In the world unknown and unseen
To the man in the reality of the planet earth
A voice beckoned and called
Awake of a man, in a double dream

Though one dream I was awake
Yet understanding in the other dream

In contrast, things scattering-
Human, big and small
Rich and poor free and slave
Running helter-skelter
Cars, houses, mountains
Flying Like weightless paper
Above earth surface
Through the air into the sky
Until vanishing appeared

I in the midst of destruction saved
Though saved in the room
But not saved in the mind

In the midst of confusion
Panting for the reason of the occurrence
Then a voice beckoned and called
It has happened, you were told
His second coming

He comes like a thief
His arrival man untold
Doom to them unprepared
Kingly on them who are puritans

To the doomed, you are among
Dance with them the dance of judgment

I with a stubborn mind of man
Objected the Voice
In the thought of man's power
But in the realization of
The inability of man's ability
A plead l began
Far from me the impending doom my LORD
Hold it back till I prepare

The double dream all I was awake
His second coming, fully I was aware
My, mind made up
And a puritanist I become
My life changed, waiting
His second coming.




Watch out for the collection of poems coming out on Amazon soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19, a Means of Exploitation by Nigerian Politicians

This young man who is probably a  pastor has vomited his heart on the happenings in Nigeria, especially, over the issue of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19.  He condemned the Nigerian politicians whom he accused have turned COVID-19 into a business venture. He pointed out that it took Nigeria Independent Electoral Commission (INEC)  many months to distribute voters card to Nigerians, but they have claimed to have distributed millions of nairas to Nigerians within few days. He asked how possible is that. He also asked who among Nigerians did they distribute the money to, and confessed that the said money did not reach him. He asked Nigerians who among them received the money, of course, I did not receive the money myself, not yet.

NIGERIA MUST BEWARE OF THIS

Irrespective of the political and other leadership corruption in Nigeria, Nigeria has strived in the area of morals and some level of the fear of God. This can be seen in her effort to reject gay marriage or relationships (homosexuality and lesbianism) and rejection of the motion to scrap out religious studies in the educational system of Nigeria. Before now, natural and manmade disasters were stories and strange phenomena in Nigeria. Though there was the presence of robbery or armed robbery, theft, money laundry, kidnapping, and ritual; but terrorist attacks and bomb explosions were not common in Nigeria before now. Today, bomb explosions, terrorist attacks, murder, and a high rate of kidnapping have become the order of the day. Flood is becoming common in Nigeria; a good number of different kinds of deadly and contagious diseases often hit Nigeria claiming lives and properties. Suffering, poverty, and chronic hunger that face Nigerians on a daily basis have been blamed on recession

What we must do for Nigeria now, by Nwoko Solomon Ikechukwu

What Nigeria as a nation needs now is prayer for Divine intervention. A lot has happened in the nation and a lot is still happening. The kind of prayer that Nigeria needs is the sincere kind of prayer that saved her from  falling, dividing and that aid the preservation of many lives and properties which would have been destroyed during or after 2015 general election. The atmosphere was full of fear, lives were seriously in danger and tensions were very high. However, the sincere prayer of the righteous, made  God to disapoint Satan, those planing the fall or division of Nigeria and those armed and ready to destroy the lives and properties of Nigerians, especially, the weak and the poor. It has come again the atmosphere of fear, lives are in danger, the atmosphere highly tensed up, therefore, another since prayer for God's intervention is seriously needed. The Bible said that, "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the